Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) introduced an updated Analog eLab(TM) Design Center Web site, featuring the new SwitcherPro(TM) power supply design tool – the newest in TI’s Pro Series of tools – and a new release of TINA-TI(TM) 7.0 simulation environment, which now includes SMPS (switch-mode power supply) simulation with acceleration. The Analog eLab Design Center provides engineers a one-stop site to learn, select, design and simulate with resources that make it quicker and easier to achieve results using TI’s high-performance analog products.
“TI is committed to providing our customers the best technical support in the industry, including quick answers and user-friendly design tools,” said Mike Caruso, manager of TI’s Analog eLab Design Center. “With our Analog eLab Design Center, designers now have a single site that lets them to access the latest analog product information, design tools and technical information they need to speed their product development.”
The new SwitcherPro tool enables designers to quickly and easily create both internally and externally compensated DC/DC power supply designs and analyze circuit performance. The SwitcherPro tool also has an effortless interface that permits users to work with multiple designs simultaneously.
TINA-TI 7.0 simulation environment includes a comprehensive schematic editor and SPICE simulator for mixed signal circuit analysis with PSpice(R) syntax compatibility. The tool allows for optimized convergence algorithms for faster power management simulations and also provides behavioral elements support.
The online Analog eLab Design Center supports the engineer through all steps of the analog design process, from concept to completion. A few examples of available resource areas in the Analog eLab Design Center include:
- Learn – Through training such as Analog eLab Webcasts, designers can leverage a multitude of training material and TI’s analog experts to aid in solving real world design issues with practical, usable information.
- Select – Several simple quick search tools assist designers in navigating through TI’s robust analog portfolio to find specific product choices for their circuit needs.
- Design – The TI Pro Series of design tools includes the newly-released SwitcherPro power supply design aide, as well as FilterPro(TM), OpAmpPro(TM) and MDACBufferPro(TM) tools. Engineers also have access to a large library of qualified reference designs to assist in developing the right solution.
- Simulate – The Analog eLab Design Center offers designers the free SPICE-based TINA-TI simulation tool to analyze their circuit design. The TINA-TI program is powerful and easy-to-use for designing, simulating and analyzing analog circuits.
- Sample – Engineers can request samples for fast, free delivery of TI products and buy products and evaluation modules in small quantities.