Altova(R), creator of XMLSpy(R) and other leading XML, data management, UML, and Web services tools, announced the availability of Altova UModel(R) 2007, the latest release of its popular UML 2 software design tool. The new UModel release includes four additional diagram types that round out the product with the full complement of UML 2.1 diagrams. It also adds a unique capability to model XML Schema files in UML, plus support for reverse engineering of Java and C# binary files, and the ability to hyperlink elements of UML diagrams to other diagrams or external files.
Billed as the starting point for successful software development, UModel is used by developers and other software professionals to visually design application models and automatically generate Java or C# code, or to reverse engineer existing programs into UML 2.1 diagrams, then fine tune the designs, and complete the round trip by regenerating code.
“UModel is changing the way the software industry looks at design tools,” said Tim Hale, Director of Marketing for Altova. “Everyone from experienced software architects to programmers and project managers who are new to UML find it a real pleasure to use. Now, with v2007, UModel is loaded with capabilities lacking in some long established UML tools costing many times its price. What’s more, UModel can share files with legacy UML tools, so it’s perfect for adding seats to existing UML implementations.”
New Features in Altova UModel 2007:
- Support for all 13 UML 2.1 diagram types
- New interaction overview diagram
- New timing diagram
- New communication diagram
- New package diagram
- Modeling of XML Schema in UML with code engineering support
- Interoperability with XMLSpy 2007, which can save XML Schemas as UModel projects
- Reverse engineering of XSD files into UML-style diagrams based on class diagrams
- Graphical editing of XML Schema design models
- XSD code generation from XML Schema models
- Round-trip engineering of XML Schema projects
- Reverse engineering of C# and Java binary files
- Automatic rendering of UML models from compiled code
- Round tripping from binary files to source code
- Hyperlinking of model elements to other diagrams, documents, or Web pages
- Automatic generation of sequence diagrams from communication diagrams (and vice versa)
- XMI import/export enhancements for improved interchange with other UML tools
Detailed information about these new features and all the functionality of UModel 2007 is provided on the Altova Web site.
Availability and Pricing
Altova UModel 2007 is immediately available for download and purchase with the (USD) list price for a single-user license starting at $129.00. UModel is also offered as part of the new Altova MissionKit(TM) for Software Architects, which bundles Altova’s intelligent application development, data management, and modeling tools at 50% off their regular prices.* The software may be downloaded and tried free for 30 days. Purchases can be made from Altova’s secure online shop.
Altova encourages the purchase of a Support and Maintenance Package (SMP) with all software purchases. Altova SMP provides free software version updates, maintenance releases, and priority technical support for the duration of the support period. SMP can be purchased for 25% of the product license price for a one-year period, or 20% per year for a two-year period. More information: Altova SMP
Existing Altova UModel customers with valid SMP are eligible to update to UModel 2007 for free. Current software license key codes for SMP-covered products will unlock the new software version.
Altova accelerates application development and data management projects with software and solutions that enhance productivity and maximize results. As an innovative, customer-focused company and the creator of XMLSpy and other leading XML, data management, UML, and Web services tools, Altova is the choice of over 2.5 million clients worldwide, including virtually every Fortune 500 company. Enabling customers ranging from vast development teams in the world’s largest organizations to progressive one-person shops, Altova’s line of software tools fulfills a broad spectrum of business needs. Altova is an active member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Object Management Group (OMG) and is committed to delivering standards-based platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable, and easy to use. Altova was founded in 1992 and has headquarters in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, XMLSpy, UModel, and MissionKit are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and/or other countries.
* The Altova MissionKit 50% savings is based on the price of purchasing the included products separately. The 50% price comparison and price calculation are edition specific and relate to the purchase of either Professional Edition or Enterprise Edition software and not a combination of individual Enterprise and Professional Edition products. Prices displayed on the Altova Online Shop pages already take this discount into account – it is not in addition to the quoted prices, but already reflected in the prices listed on the site.