RTX, a world leader in wireless product development, announced that the DUALphone 3088, a standalone, cordless Skype telephone platform that is available for sale to new and existing strategic partners as an OEM/ODM product or design service project. The DUALPhone 3088 has just been awarded as the No. 1 product of the Year 2006 by The Red Ferret Journal.
The DUALphone 3088 features Skype software embedded in the device allowing customers to call anywhere in the world using Skype without the need for a PC.
The DUALphone 3088 takes its name from the fact that it seamlessly serves as a traditional phone as well as an advanced Skype-phone. When placing a call, consumers have the option to dial up using Skype or the traditional phone line by simply selecting the desired method through the phone’s highly intuitive user interface.
The DUALphone 3088 cordless handset displays online status for Skype contacts, allows users to play, delete, and send Skype voice messages, and provides easy access to most Skype voice features from the handset, including call divert and call history. The included DUALphone 3088 base station simultaneously connects to a traditional telephone socket and to a router via Ethernet. The DUALphone 3088 supports Skype to Skype, Skype to landline, landline to Skype, and landline to landline calls.
The DUALphone 3088 features a bright color display and an operating time of more than 10 hours of talk-time and up to 140 hours on standby. The DUALphone 3088 base station and charging dock are separate allowing the phone to conveniently reside anywhere in a home or office. In addition, the DUALphone 3088 uses DECT cordless technology for superior voice clarity and security.
“RTX pioneered Skype phones with the world’s first Skype-certified cordless USB phone, and now we have introduced the first cordless DUALphone that does not require a computer,” said Tage Rasmussen, CEO of RTX. “We have secured our first OEM engagement with a Tier 1 brand for our embedded Skype platform, and we plan to enable additional major brand names with the DUALphone concept on both OEM/ODM products as well as embedded technology licensing in devices such as routers, modems, multifunction printers, etc.”
DUALphone 3088 Platform Features:
- Embedded Skype functionality
- PC-free cordless Skype/landline hybrid phone
- Backlit color LCD display
- Intuitive user interface with familiar Skype look and feel
- WiFi-friendly DECT and DECT 6.0 cordless technology
- Superior voice clarity and security
- 3-way conference between Skype and landline calls
- Support for Skype call waiting
- Skype certified
- Skype contact list and online status displayed on handset
- Search for, view profile, and add Skype contacts from the cordless handset
- Support for Skype voicemail (play back, delete, send)
- Selection of which online-status to display to other contacts via handset
- Speakerphone in handset
- Rechargeable and replaceable batteries
- Standard 2.5mm headset connecter
- Multiple handset capacity (up to four)
- Upgradeable firmware
- Range: Indoor 150 feet/50 meters. Outdoor 1000 feet/300 meters
- Distinctive ring indicating landline or Skype calls
RTX Telecom A/S is an internationally oriented group with the goal to be the preferred partner for development and production of advanced wireless communication IP and solutions. RTX is divided into four business units with individual areas of wireless expertise. These business units are RTX Technology, RTX Consumer Products, RTX Network Systems, and RTX Healthcare. The company’s headquarter is located in Denmark with offices in California, Rumania, and Hong Kong. RTX Telecom A/S is listed on the Nordic Exchange (OMX).