Aeroflex outlined its product strategy with regard to 3G LTE – the initiative relating to the Long Term Evolution (LTE) of 3GPP radio technology. Aeroflex will also be demonstrating its complete 3G test coverage highlighted by various new product developments and enhancements relating to its 6103 mobile handset test systems, 6401 mobile protocol test system, 6413A UMTS basestation test system, WiMAX protocol conformance test solution, PXI 300 Series modular wireless test platform and IQCreator software.
The objective of the 3G LTE initiative is to develop a framework for the evolution of the 3G towards a high-data-rate, low-latency and packet-optimised radio-access technology. Its aim is to achieve a peak downlink data rate of 100Mbit/s, some three to five times better than HSDPA with latency as low as 20ms. The capabilities of 3G LTE have the potential to enable some significant new service opportunities particularly in relation to mobile TV and video where 3G is struggling to match the capabilities of other broadcast technologies such as DVB-H and wireless broadband technologies such as WiMAX.
Product enhancements and developments highlighting Aeroflex’s complete 3G test capability to be demonstrated at 3GSM World Congress 2007 include:
- Fully integrated A-GPS and GAN test solutions for the Aeroflex 6103 AIME and 6103 AIME/CT mobile handset test systems.
- A radio channel fading capability for the 6401 AIME 3G mobile protocol test system that integrates traditional RF- based radio channel emulation methods at baseband.
- Live receiver testing and transmitter testing including HSDPA, IMA support and new blocking and inter-modulation test capabilities for the Aeroflex 6413A UMTS basestation test system.
- A Development Test Mode for the WiMAX 802.16e protocol conformance test solution developed by Aeroflex and AT4 wireless (formerly known as Cetecom Spain) on behalf of the WiMAX Forum.
- Significant new wireless test capabilities to its Aeroflex PXI 3000 Series modular wireless test platform with test suites supporting WiMAX OFDMA, 1xEvDO and HSUPA.
- IQCreator version 8.3 with significant new features to support the WiMAX 802.16 standard.
Aeroflex Incorporated is a global provider of high technology solutions to the aerospace, defence, cellular and broadband communications markets. The company’s diverse technologies allow it to design, develop, manufacture and market a broad range of test, measurement and microelectronic products. The company’s common stock trades on the Nasdaq National Market System under the symbol ARXX and is included in the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
About Aeroflex Test Solutions, Wireless Division
Aeroflex Wireless offers a full range of protocol, physical layer and parametric test solutions for the cellular communications industry. Its products address infrastructure and mobile handset testing and support all stages of mobile phone and radio access network equipment development and deployment. Applications include R&D, conformance, production, installation and commissioning, field service, and network optimization. Aeroflex’s wireless products test all key 2G, 2.5G and 3G wireless technologies including UMTS, cdmaOne, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE and WiMAX worldwide.