Ocean Tomo Auctions, LLC announced today that Foundation Coal West, Inc. has consigned US Patent Number 5,486,998, entitled “Process Stabilizing Process Controller”, to be sold at The Ocean Tomo Fall 2006 Live Intellectual Property Auction to be held on October 26, 2006 in New York City.
The Foundation Coal patent maintains very early priority in the field of artificial intelligence. The patent would be of interest to manufacturers using volatile materials, including, though not limited to, those in the Semiconductor, Automotive and Chemical industries. The technology disclosed in the ’998 Patent may be used by any manufacturing company striving to maintain safety and quality, as well as any company needing to monitor the interaction of volatile materials with environmental changes.
The ’998 Patent has been cited by the following patents:
- US Patent No. 5,704,011 assigned to Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch
- US Patent No. 5,740,324 assigned to Honeywell
- US Patent Nos. 5,796,602; 5,903,455; 5,960,214; 6,032,208; and 6,618,630 assigned to Fisher-Rosemount Systems, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,192,283 assigned to Siemens Energy & Automation, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,258,239 assigned to Ballard Power Systems, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,435,417 assigned to DaimlerChrysler AG
- US Patent No. 6,490,493 assigned to Rosemount, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,553,270 assigned to Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,560,585 assigned to Sollac
- US Patent No. 6,577,914 assigned to Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,591,405 assigned to Timbre Technologies, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,639,518 assigned to Square D Company
- US Patent No. 6,857,114 assigned to Timbre Technologies, Inc.
- US Patent No. 6,879,969 assigned to Volvo Technology (Corporation)
- US Patent No. 7,039,476 assigned to Siemens Building Technologies, Inc.
- US Patent No. 7,069,185 assigned to Wilson Diagnostic Systems, LLC
For more information on US Patent No. 5,486,998, The Ocean Tomo Fall 2006 Live Intellectual Property Auction, or to submit intellectual property for inclusion in future Ocean Tomo Auctions please call 312.377.4851 or go online.
About Ocean Tomo, LLC:
Ocean Tomo, LLC was established in 2003. The firm specializes in understanding and leveraging intellectual property assets and provides advice in IP-related mergers and acquisitions, valuations, expert services, analytics and IP auctions. Ocean Tomo has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Palm Beach, Orange County and Washington, DC. In May of 2006, Ocean Tomo was appointed as Back-Up IP Manager for an approximately $1.8 Billion trademark royalty rights securitization — the largest IP securitization ever. Subsidiaries of Ocean Tomo include: Ocean Tomo Capital Fund, LP — a $200 million private equity investment fund; and Ocean Tomo Asset Management, LLC — an SEC Registered Investment Advisor offering hedge funds utilizing IP-based investment strategies.