SAME 2006 Forum
SAME 2006 Forum (Sophia Antipolis forum on MicroElectronics) provides an exceptional venue for discussions and demonstrations with the opportunity to meet exhibitors displaying microelectronics related products.
October, 4 – 5, 2006
300, Route des Crêtes
06902 Sophia Antipolis – France
SAME 2006 Forum: A unique opportunity to debate key issues and future trends within a high level technical environment.
Keys Success Factors for SAME 2006 Forum:
- Emphasis will be given to Tutorials and Technical Papers based on general demand from the microelectronic companies.
- An Executive Panel on the topic: “Design Complexity Challenges & Applications Impacts: Methodologies, Security & Low Power”.
- A Technical Panel on “TV Technical Solutions for the next cellular phone”.
- A new Exhibition Theater, with 30mn presentations on New Microelectronic Products from our sponsors / exhibitors.
- YTD companies exhibiting at SAME 2006 Forum: 30
SAME 2006 Agenda:
October 4, 2006 > 10:00 – 10:45
Keynotes Session: Design Complexity Challenges & Applications Impacts
Thierry LAURENT, Executive VP Philips Semiconductors, Business Development & Innovation
Jacques NOEL, Senior VP & General Manager Philips Semiconductors, Business Line Cellular Systems
October 4, 2006 > 10:45 – 12:15
Executives Panel : Design Complexity Challenges & Applications Impacts
The challenge for the panelists is to give their opinion on today’s SoC design challenges with what we hope is a novel approach. The novel approach being the fact that we would like their view based on the principle that more complexes multiples solutions are available to the SoC design community for the same application space which we think was less the case in previous generations.
Moderator: Amara Amara, PhD. Head Electronics Department ISEP
- Jacques Noel, Senior VP & General Manager Philips Semiconductors, Business Line Cellular Systems
- Christian Dupont, Director, European Wireless Terminal Business Unit Texas Instruments France
- Joachim Kunkel, VP Engineering Solutions Group Synopsys Executive
- Carsten Elgert, VP Marketing Europe Mentor
- Tim Barnes, VP Marketing Cadence Design Systems
- Rudy Lauwereins, VP Design Technology IMEC
October 4, 2006 > 13:00 – 14:30
As in 2004 and 2005, SAME 2006 will feature carefully selected high-tech start-ups developing new technologies and applications for the Microelectronics industry.
- In the context of the European project, ACHIEVE (a new project focusing on Start-up coaching), 5 European incubators – Sophia Antipolis, Cambridge, Marseille, Compiegne and Newcastle – are joining forces to identify and prepare new emerging start-ups ( less than 3 years of existence) to attend the event. The companies will benefit from a shared booth and a special start-up panel planned for October 4th. The panel will inform the audience about innovative products currently being developed and commercialised. The ACHIEVE partners will provide each start-up with dedicated business development support and will help them identify potential partners and customers. During the last edition, more than 60 individual business meetings were organized for the 5 start-ups that attended the event, confirming the high level of interest for this part of the program at SAME.
- Additionally, SAME will help this year in the promotion of a series of more advanced Start-ups coming from all over Europe, with a selection processed by the technical committee.
For more information on the first category of Start-ups and if you would like to meet with them, please contact Stéphane LIEGEOIS.
For more information on the second category of Start-ups, please contact Mike Eftimakis.
In the evening, an attractive relaxing “Dinner Party” is scheduled.
October 5, 2006 > 9:00 – 10:15
Technical Panel : TV Technical Solutions for the next cellular phone
After last year’s panel “High Demanding Communication Solutions”, the panel focuses this year on the Mobile TV challenges. Will the International Broadcast Convention be able to control formats? Today two technologies appear to be dominant but incompatible, DVB-H and MediaFLO. Chips sets are already available: is technology still a barrier? What will be the user market age bracket?
The Football World Cup was a deception for all the soccer fans expecting a real-time smooth transmission of the match on their mobile devices. Will this first experience curb the enthusiasm for mobile TV emerging technologies, slowing down the market penetration?
- Christian LICOPPE, Sociologue Specialist, Telecom Paris
- Eric SELOSSE, Vice President & General Manager, Emulation Division, Mentor Graphics
- Jim KAMKE, VP Marketing & Sales, Newport Media
Moderator: Mattia BORGARINO, Professor University of Modena
Tutorials, October 4 – 5
- Tutorial 1: TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
The new Challenge: The Complex and Business Critical SoC’s Development.
- Tutorial 2: SYNFORA
Application Engine Synthesis using PICO Express.
- Tutorial 3: TENSILICA
Nanometer MPSOC Design Using Configured Cores.
- Tutorial 4: TIMA
Clockless Circuits and Systems.
- Tutorial 5: SYNOPSYS
Low Power Design Challenges and Solutions.
Technical Conferences, October 4 – 5
8 Sessions & 20 Technical presentations dedicated to the following subjects:
- Verification Methodology
(by Wipro-Newlogic, Simantix, Yogitech)
- Power Management
(by ARM, Texas Instruments, Innovative Silicon)
(by Handshake Solutions)
- Wireless System
(by TES, Infineon Technologies)
- Clock Technology
(by Apache Design, Toric)
- Tools & Methodologies (2)
(by Philips, Infineon Technologies, INRIA)
(by Mentor Graphics, Synplicity, INSA-LYON)
- Low Power
(by ST, Sequence Design, I3S)
October 4, > 9:30 AM (Official Opening) to 6:00 PM.
October 5, > 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
SAME 2005 Forum, will close on October 5, at: 4:45 PM with the Official Cocktail and the Best Paper Award, Best Tutorial Award, and Best Poster Award. The “Best PaperAward” is an original creation from a local artist working in one of the famous glasswork in Biot.
Sponsors at SAME 2006:
ANSOFT, ARM, ASK, ATMEL, AUSTRIAMICROSYSTEMS, AXYLOG, CADENCE, CSR, ENOVIA MATRIXONE, ESTEREL TECHNOLOGIES, ICERA SEMICONDUCTOR, INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES, MENTOR GRAPHICS, NOVAS SOFTWARE, PHILIPS, SYNOPSYS, SYNPLICITY, TENSILICA, TES ELECTRONIC SOLUTIONS, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, VAST SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, X FAB SEMICONDUCTOR FOUNDRIES
Exhibitors at SAME 2006:
AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, ANSOFT, ARM, ATMEL, AUSTRIAMICROSYSTEMS, AXYLOG, BERLIN ADLERSHOF, CADENCE, CAMBRIDGE CONSULTANTS, CST, COWARE, EASII, ENOVIA MATRIXONE, ESTEREL TECHNOLOGIES, ICERA SEMICONDUCTOR, INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES, MENTOR GRAPHICS, NOVAS SOFTWARE, PHILIPS, SYNOPSYS, SYNPLICITY, TENSILICA, TES ELECTRONIC SOLUTIONS, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, VAST SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, X FAB SEMICONDUCTOR FOUNDRIES, WIPRO-NEWLOGIC
Start-ups at SAME 2006:
CORTUS, EDXACT, MEPHISTO DESIGN AUTOMATION, MENTA, R-INTERFACE, TORIC
For more information about SAME 2006 Forum, please visit our web site.