RadiSys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS) has expanded its popular Procelerant(tm) Endura product line with the new Endura TP945GM Mini-ITXexpress motherboard. A versatile new solution with an Intel Core Duo processor, the Endura TP945GM Mini-ITXexpress has significant performance enhancements and reduced power consumption compared with the previous generation. The Endura TP945GM features advanced audio-video capabilities through the use of the Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express chipset with an integrated 3D graphics engine based on Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 architecture and eight channel High Definition Audio. This new motherboard is also just 6.7″ x 6.7″ (170mm x 170mm) square and RoHS compliant.
The Endura TP945GM has an estimated production lifetime of five to seven years, eliminating the need to qualify new board revisions every year, as is typical of commercial motherboards. Consequently, the cost of ownership is significantly reduced. The Endura TP945GM is designed for extended temperature operation up to 70C, so it is ideal for use in space constrained systems and where there are more demanding thermal requirements. In addition, the Endura TP945GM is designed for increased performance with lower power consumption in order to provide more MIPS per watt. The integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 also delivers exceptional 3D graphics performance. Designers of next-generation systems will use the Endura TP945GM in applications such as medical imaging, entertainment systems, web-based terminals, kiosks, gaming, network appliances, test-and-measurement, industrial automation and more.
“The new Endura TP945GM Mini-ITXexpress is a very versatile small form factor motherboard,” said Peter Mitchell, product line manager for the RadiSys Procelerant Endura product line. “As with all RadiSys products, we collaborated closely with our customers in the development of this new board and the result is a great product that will satisfy their requirements for size, power consumption, scalability, flexibility and performance.”
“The Intel® Core(tm) Duo processor and Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset delivers the graphics performance and power-efficiency required by today’s demanding embedded systems software applications such as graphics-intensive gaming and medical imaging applications,” said Rose Schooler, director of marketing, Infrastructure Processor Division, Intel. “This compelling technology is ideal for high performance, small form factor embedded motherboards such as the RadiSys Endura TP945GM.”
About the RadiSys Procelerant Endura TP945GM Mini-ITXexpress
The Endura TP945GM enables customers to quickly develop next-generation systems with high performance, low power consumption and long life.
- Supports a scalable range of embedded Intel processors including the Intel Core Duo T2500 2GHz, Intel Core Duo L2400 1.66GHz and Celeron(R) M ULV 423 1.06GHz processors. The thermal design power (TDP) for these processors ranges from 31W for the T2500 down to just 5.5W for the ULV 423.
- The Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset has a 667MHz front side bus and supports up to 4GB of dual channel, DDR2-667 memory for enhanced performance.
- The integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 has excellent 3D graphics performance and an x16 PCI Express graphics slot that enables the use of the latest high performance graphics cards.
- An on-board VGA interface, 18-bit dual channel LVDS interface and TV-out header for composite, S-video and component video provides a flexible choice of video outputs. Media Expansion Cards (also available from RadiSys) can be used in the x16 PCI Express graphics slot to provide additional DVI and LVDS outputs. Any of the video outputs can be used with dual independent displays.
- An eight channel CODEC provides support for 7.1 surround sound and multi-channel High Definition audio for superior playback quality. An S/PDIF interface also provides a high quality digital audio output.
- On-board expansion is provided via a mini-PCI slot, an x16 PCI Express slot (also supports x1 PCI Express cards), an optional PCMCIA type II socket and an optional CompactFlash socket.
- With eight USB 2.0 ports, four RS-232 serial ports and two PS/2 ports, the TP945GM has a rich set of I/O ports to suit many embedded applications.
- ACPI 3.0, system monitoring with automatic fan speed control, a watchdog timer, GPIO port and a TPM 1.2 header provide useful system management, control and security features.
- The Endura TP945GM is fully RoHS 6 compliant in order to meet the latest environmental standards.
Availability and Pricing
Sample units of the Endura TP945GM will be available from September 2006 with volume production starting in October 2006. Configurations will be available with single and dual Ethernet with list pricing starting at $274 for unit quantities. Volume discounts are available for OEMs and distributors. For more information, please contact RadiSys at 800-950-0044.
RadiSys (NASDAQ: RSYS) is the leading provider of advanced embedded solutions for the communications networking and commercial systems markets. Through intimate customer collaboration and combining innovative technologies and industry leading architecture, RadiSys helps OEMs bring better products to market faster and more economically. RadiSys products include embedded boards, platforms and systems, which are used in today’s complex computing, processing and network intensive applications. RadiSys is a Premier member in the Intel(R) Communications Alliance. For more information, write to email@example.com, or call 800-950-0044 or 503-615-1100.
RadiSys(R) is a registered trademark and Promentum(tm) is a trademark of RadiSys Corporation.
Intel, Intel Core Duo, and Celeron are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.