Good Technology, Inc., the trusted standard for enterprise mobile computing software and service, today announced a comprehensive reseller agreement with Telstra Corporation Limited, a leading Australian mobile operator. Telstra is the first carrier to introduce the Good(TM) Mobility Suite to mobile professionals in Australia, giving customers the award winning Good Mobile Messaging, Good Mobile Intranet and the latest version of Good Mobile Defense in an integrated offering. Telstra will be offering the solution on smartphones including the Palm(R) Treo(TM) family, I-mate K-Jam, and I-mate JAMin.
“This long term arrangement with Good re-enforces Telstra’s leadership in the Australian mobile email market,” said Lynda O’Grady, managing director, Convergent Solutions and Sales, Telstra Corporation Limited. “Telstra is all about offering our customers the broadest choice in communications solutions – the Good Mobility Suite allows us to provide more tailored services to their unique business requirements.”
“IDC estimates the Asia Pacific market for mobile enterprise email is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 38.2 percent,” said Stephen Drake, program director, Mobile Software, IDC. “Mobile operators around the world are looking to provide industry standard software options that support a variety of devices to strengthen their ties to enterprise customers.”
Good Technology’s software and service provides enterprise customers with:
- An easy-to-use interface with robust productivity features including continuous two-way, push-based wireless synchronization of all Microsoft(R) Exchange and IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R) functions, including e-mail, calendar, contacts using Good Mobile Messaging
- Seamless access to enterprise applications and corporate intranets using Good Mobile Intranet
- Low TCO mobile management with Secure Over-The-Air(TM) functionality and simplified IT administration featuring Zero-IT-Touch(TM) activations and upgrades of Good and third-party applications
- Security and compliance management with Good Mobile Defense which scans for the presence of IT-mandated applications and blocks network access until these applications are present, now available on Windows Mobile(TM) 5.0 smartphones in addition to the Palm Treo family of smartphones and other devices
- Worldwide coverage on any CDMA or GPRS carrier in the world through Good GlobalConnect(TM), which provides connectivity through 2.5G, 3G, or Wi-Fi networks
- Enterprise-class, FIPS-certified security, including overall handheld protection of Good applications, third-party applications, external storage cards, and device features such as Bluetooth(R), IR ports and cameras
- Real-time handheld fleet visibility, providing IT administrators and help desk personnel with the information they need to diagnose and resolve user issues
“Our alliance with Telstra represents an important evolution in mobile computing in Australia, providing enterprises with compelling standards-based alternatives to the Blackberry,” said Terry Austin, president, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, Good Technology. “This relationship validates Good’s international popularity. We believe Telstra is best suited to bring mobile computing to enterprises in Australia. Our work in Australia is the first of many milestones we have planned for the Asia-Pacific market.”
Good Mobility Suite will be available through Telstra sales professionals and enterprise data specialists and the Telstra Shop network.
Telstra Corporation Limited is Australia’s principal telecommunications company, one of Australia’s largest corporations and one of the best-known brands in Australia. Telstra offers a broad range of telecommunications and information services, operating in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia. Telstra has business operations in 19 countries, including North America, UK/Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim, Australia and New Zealand. Its main operations include telephone lines to homes and businesses, local and long distance telephone calls in Australia and international calls to and from Australia, mobile telecommunications services, a comprehensive range of data, Internet and online services, wholesale services to other phone and data companies, and telephone directory publishing. Telstra is listed on the Australian and New Zealand Stock Exchange and is 49.9 percent publicly owned, with the remaining 50.1 percent of shares held by the Australian Commonwealth Government.
About Good Technology
Good Technology makes mobile computing easy and essential for everyone. The company’s flagship products, Good(TM) Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink), Good Mobile Intranet and Good Mobile Defense, securely extend IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange, and other enterprise systems to a variety of the most popular smartphones and networks. Good’s software and managed service deliver a rich user experience, low total cost of ownership through Secure Over-The-Air(TM) management, industry-leading security and enterprise-class support and service. Good Technology products are available through authorized wireless carriers, value-added resellers and directly through Good Technology. GOOD(TM), the GOOD and Design logo(TM), GOODLINK(TM) and GOOD TECHNOLOGY(TM) are Good Technology’s primary trademarks.
IBM, the IBM logo, Lotus, Domino, Lotus Notes are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. Palm, Treo and LifeDrive are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc.