Good Technology, Inc., the trusted standard for enterprise mobile computing software and service, unveiled Good(TM) Mobile Messaging for IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R). The combined power of IBM and Good Technology offers the millions of Lotus Notes users true enterprise-class mobile collaboration and computing capability, with secure wireless access on the new Motorola Q(TM); the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC; the Palm(R) Treo(TM) family, including the new Treo 700w and Treo 700p smartphones, the Nokia E61 and other Windows Mobile devices.
“Enabling access to information beyond the office is a business goal of New York Life Insurance Company. The mobile employee is now the norm rather than the exception and access to corporate data while on the move is an ever-increasing need for our business,” said Scott Speaker, assistant vice president of Architecture, New York Life Insurance Company. “Realizing that email, calendaring and contacts are the first step to facilitating this mobility, New York Life engaged Good Technology in a beta evaluation of their Lotus Domino based Mobile Messaging product. Good Mobile Messaging performed well during our tests. We were pleased with the product’s ease of installation, security, reliability, over-the-air provisioning and management, and rich user experience.”
Global organizations rely on Lotus Domino to enhance business-critical messaging and collaboration. The addition of Good Technology’s software and service offers enterprise customers the following additional benefits:
- Easy-to-use interface with robust productivity features including continuous two-way, push-based wireless synchronization of all Lotus Domino functions, including e-mail, calendar, contacts, journals, and to-do’s
- Low TCO mobile management with Secure Over-The-Air(TM) functionality and simplified IT administration featuring Zero-IT-Touch(TM) activations and upgrades of Good and third-party applications
- Worldwide coverage on any CDMA or GPRS carrier in the world through Good GlobalConnect(TM), which provides connectivity through 2.5G, 3G, or Wi-Fi networks
- Enterprise-class, FIPS-certified security, including overall handheld protection of Good applications and, with the addition of Good Mobile Defense(TM), third-party applications, external storage cards, and device features such as Bluetooth(R), IR ports and cameras
- Also available with Good Mobile Defense(TM) is compliance management which scans for the presence of IT-mandated applications and blocks network access until these applications are present
- Real-time handheld fleet visibility, providing IT administrators and help desk personnel with the information they need to diagnose and resolve user issues
“Effectively balancing the collaboration and productivity needs of business users with the security and manageability demands of the enterprise is critical to business growth,” said Mike Rhodin, general manager, Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Products, IBM. “The combination of IBM and Good offers a compelling mobility solution for the millions of Lotus Notes users.”
Good(TM) Mobile Messaging for IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R) will be available in July through authorized wireless carriers, value-added resellers, and directly through Good Technology.
“Because enterprises have come to view mobile computing as mission critical, the bar for technology, reliability and security continues to rise,” said Danny Shader, president and CEO, Good Technology. “Together, IBM and Good Technology are delivering a powerful mobility solution that promotes mobile collaboration, offers employees a choice of devices, and fully satisfies the rigorous security and manageability requirements of enterprise IT organizations.”
About Good Technology
Good Technology makes mobile computing easy and essential for everyone. The company’s flagship products, Good(TM) Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink), Good Mobile Intranet and Good Mobile Defense, securely extend IBM Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange, and other enterprise systems to a variety of the most popular smartphones and networks. Good’s software and managed service deliver a rich user experience, low total cost of ownership through Secure Over-The-Air(TM) management, industry-leading security and enterprise-class support and service. Good Technology products are available through authorized wireless carriers, value-added resellers and directly through Good Technology. GOOD(TM), the GOOD and Design logo(TM), GOODLINK(TM) and GOOD TECHNOLOGY(TM) are Good Technology’s primary trademarks.
IBM, the IBM logo, Lotus, Domino, Lotus Notes are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. Palm, Treo and LifeDrive are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc.