Robotics Trends and IDG World Expo today announced that Microsoft has joined the RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition as a gold sponsor. In addition, Microsoft will deliver a conference session outlining its perspective of the robotics market and will host a technical seminar for hobbyist, commercial and academic robotic developers. The RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition will be held at the Sheraton Station Square in Pittsburgh, PA on June 20-21, 2006.
According to Dan Kara, conference co-chairman and President of Robotics Trends, “We are delighted that Microsoft has joined the RoboBusiness event as a sponsor. The PC revolution was driven by Microsoft products and services, which dramatically reduced the cost and complexity of producing software. We are excited Microsoft has picked RoboBusiness 2006 to outline its perspective of the robotics market.” said Kara.
“Microsoft views robotics as an exciting new market poised for growth,” said Tandy Trower, general manager at Microsoft Corp. “As a premier business development event in intelligent systems and mobiles robotics, the RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition is a great venue for Microsoft to talk about the emerging robotics market.”
About the RoboBusiness Confernece and Exposition
Now in its third year, the 2006 RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition consists of two full days of enlightening keynotes and general sessions in five tracks delivered by the world’s leading robotics, business and investment professionals from across the globe:
- Business Development and Partnership
- Technology and Standards
- Applications and Products
- Investment and Opportunities
- Markets and Industries including:
- Security, Defense and Military Robotics (Military Robotics; Law Enforcement and Public Safety Robotics)
- Intelligent Transportation and Field Robotics (Teleoperation; Autonomous Transportation; Warehousing)
- Healthcare Robotics (Hospital Automation; Assistive Technology; Rehabilitation Technology; Telepresence Systems)
- Consumer Robotics (Intelligent Toys; Entertainment Robots; House Care/Lawn Care; Assistive Technology Educational Robotics)
About Robotics Trends
Robotics Trends is the world’s first integrated media firm serving the burgeoning personal, service and mobile robotics marketplace, servicing their clientele through three major business divisions:
- Robotics Trends Publishing, which produces roboticstrends.com, an online news and information portal focused on business and technology trends for people who build, buy, invest in, and seek to understand the personal, service, mobile and military robotics market
- Robotics Trends Events, which produces the RoboNexus Conference and Exposition and the RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition
- Robotics Trends Analyst Services serving the strategic consulting needs of leading emerging robotics manufacturers
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo produces technology-focused tradeshows, conferences and events for professionals seeking world-class education, peer-to-peer networking and one-stop comparison shopping. As the leading technology event management company, IDG World Expo leverages its experience and knowledge of technology-focused events and conferences, enabling technology companies to capture the attention and loyalty of influential buyers. IDG World Expo’s portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld Conference & Expo(R), LinuxWorld Conference & Expo(R), Bio-IT World Conference + ExpoTM, Health-IT World Conference + ExpoTM, COMNET(R) Conference & Expo, BiometricsWorld Global SeriesTM, Portable Power Conference & ExpoTM and Wireless Sensing SolutionsTM. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research and event company.